We are committed to respecting your privacy and rights with respect to data protection.
We may collect certain information such as basic identification and/or contact information on our servers with the purpose to communicate with you in connection with newsletters, event invitations, statistics & reports, and (where applicable) membership matters, as well as to improve your visiting experience to our website.
These purposes represent the legitimate interest on which we rely in order to hold your information. This information is used in a collective way and it is also used to provide services to which you have signed up.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties but only where to do so is necessary to organise an event or deliver a service. We will not otherwise disclose personal information to third parties, or make any use of it, without your explicit consent unless we are required to do so by statute or by an authorised body in the course and for the purpose of an investigation or prevention of crime. Your implicit consent as a member, or explicit consent in other cases, to the holding and use of your personal data is the basis upon which we act.
We hold such information indefinitely, subject as provided below:
- You have the following rights at all times with respect to your personal data held by AmCham Libya (“Data”)
- The right to access the Data
- The right to require the deletion of the Data
- The right to object to the processing of the Data
- The right to portability of the Data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the holding and usage of the Data
- The right to submit a complaint with respect to the holding and usage of the Data.
- You are not obliged to provide any personal data to AmCham Libya. If you do not provide personal information when requested to do so, you will not have access to some of the services provided by the AmCham Libya.
- The data controller is AmCham Libya.
- Queries about your Data may be directed to the Director, Debbie Hirst.
- We take no responsibility for information unlawfully available to hackers and snoopers.
Feel free to contact us with your comments on our policy.