Libya Healthcare Sector Roundtable
May 26, 2021
The American Chamber of Commerce in Libya (AmCham Libya) and the U.S. Embassy to Libya hosted a Libya Healthcare Sector Roundtable. This event brought together key decision makers from Libyan institutions, major U.S. companies active in the sector and the U.S. State Department.
Roundtable Participants included:
- U.S. Embassy to Libya: Ambassador Richard B. Norland
- Libyan Ministry of Health: Minister Ali Al Zanati
- Abbott: Bassem Bibi, Divisional Vice President
- AMI: Dr. Andrew Walker, Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder
- GE Healthcare: Nael Dabbagh, General Manager, MENAT
- MSD (Merck): Dr. Hazem Abdel Samie, Managing Director
Topics under discussion included:
• Current priorities for Libya’s healthcare sector
• Investment requirements and how they will be met
• How American companies can support Libya’s healthcare sector needs
Minister Al Zanati discussed his ministry’s priorities, and the American companies offered their support to help the Minister reach Libya’s healthcare goals.
U.S. Special Envoy and Ambassador to Libya, Richard Norland, reiterated the commitment of the United States to help Libya recover from the COVID pandemic, both through the contributions of these U.S. companies to Libya’s healthcare sector and through U.S. contributions to the COVAX initiative.