Reception in Washington D.C. for Libya Minister of Health
April 14, 2023
The U.S. Chamber and AmCham Libya held a reception for the Libyan Minister of Health at the U.S. Chamber headquarters in Washington D.C. on April 14. This was an opportunity to bring U.S. companies closer to important Libyan decision makers, and allowed our members, particularly from the healthcare sector, to have direct engagement with the Minister of Health and his team.
The event was also honored with the presence of Ambassador Richard Norland, U.S. Special Envoy for Libya and Rachel Billingslea, Executive Director, Middle East and Africa, U.S. Department of Commerce.
The Ministry of Health has announced a number of important initiatives that may bring benefits to U.S. companies, including its 5 year plan. The Minister has specifically highlighted in a recent meeting with AmCham that he is trying to bring the world’s best healthcare to Libyans, and that U.S. companies have a role in that.
Benefits to members attending this event included:
- Hearing directly from senior decision makers within the Libyan government regarding the current situation and their interest in engaging with U.S. companies
- The ability to interact directly with the Minister and pose specific questions of interest
- Interact with U.S. companies that are currently engaged in Libya
- Learn about opportunities for future engagement in Libya
- Make connections that will support further engagement in Libya